[Zope3-dev] zc.buildout and develop-eggs

Michael Howitz mh at gocept.com
Wed May 2 07:30:24 EDT 2007

Hi,

I discovered an unecpected behavior ob zc.buildout:

I have a package which depends in its setup.py on zc.form>=0.1dev-
r74753.
In my buildout.cfg I decaled zc.form as a develop-egg by pointing to
its svn-checkout.

The problem is that the zope start script generated by buildout does
not contain the path of the development egg but of the released egg.
If I remove the version requirement and depend from zc.form (with out
a version declaration) then the devlopment egg is in the path.

Is this a bug in zc.buildout or expected behavior?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Michael Howitz

gocept gmbh & co. kg · forsterstrasse 29 · 06112 halle/saale
www.gocept.com · fon: +49 345 12298898 · fax: +49 345 12298891