[Zope3-dev] Re: tracking satellite project's trunks

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon May 7 17:45:24 EDT 2007

Jim Fulton wrote:

> On May 4, 2007, at 6:25 AM, Baiju M wrote:
>> We will be using same Zope 3 resources for bug tracking, mailing list
>> and wiki for these satellite project's, is it ?
>
> Thanks a very good question.  I don't think we need more mailing lists.
> In fact, I think zope3-dev and zope-dev should be merged.
>
> I suspect that these projects will eventually get their own projects in
> launchpad, but I'm not sure.  I'm also not sure about wikis.  I don't
> think we need to do anything about this any time soon.

It sounds like we're in the distribution business, and have problems
similar to a Linux distribution.

Since Ubuntu's requirements are in a large part driving Launchpad
development, we should examine what Ubuntu is doing.

I got the impression one of Launchpad's underlying goals it to make it
easier for upstream (the package developers) and downstream (the
distribution developers) to collaborate on critical information such as
bugs. I don't know what the concrete status of this is for Launchpad
however. I think we should be asking Steve. :)

Regards,

Martijn