[Zope3-dev] Usage of actions in zope.formlib ... was: Re: Add flexibility to zope.formlib.form.EditFormBase

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Wed May 9 07:23:51 EDT 2007

On 5/9/07, Maciej Wisniowski <maciej.wisniowski at coig.katowice.pl> wrote:
> You can have different validators for different actions. If only

In fact, it's very important that the validators be separate for
different actions, since some actions do very different things (and
might not need/want to validate all fields the same way).

I know I've written actions that expect to manipulate the form data in
some way, based on other data in the form, and then redisplay the
form.  Most fields would not be expected to validate in this
particular case, and only by avoiding the "default" validator could
this have been made to work.

So while the behavior may seem a little odd, it let's you construct
the validation scenarios you need.

  -Fred