[Zope3-dev] Re: what dependency to use for "zope 3"

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon May 14 08:20:51 EDT 2007

Chris Withers wrote:
> Fred Drake wrote:
[snip]
>> The value of the big release is more for people who are new to Zope 3,
>> and want to take a look.  That's not an audience I'm good at judging,
>> either in terms of guessing what they really want, or in what makes
>> them take that first look.
>
> Indeed, I'd suggest this is a market best persued by apps like Grok.

Sure, we'll happily brainwash newcomers into the Grok way first. :)

By the way, I'd call Grok a 'framework', not an 'app'. In the egg-based
world, Grok will make sure that newcomers don't have to think about
dependencies but have a set of eggs available to them to get started.

It is important for attracting new users of a framework to make it easy
to get started. Requiring beginners to puzzle over which egg
dependencies to include will push away most.

Regards,

Martijn