[Zope3-dev] upload >40kb impossible

Christophe Combelles ccomb at free.fr
Sun May 20 10:55:58 EDT 2007

Hello,

I've already posted a few message on Zope3-Users. I get a weird problem on
upload, using z.a.file.file.  (using Zope3.3.1 with python 2.4.4).
Whenever I try to upload a file larger than ~40Kb, nothing happens and I'm
redirected to the same upload form I came from.

After investigating, I discovered that cgi.FieldStorage does not parse entirely
the HTTP stream (zope.publisher.browser.py:263), and stop in the middle of the
stream. The resulting fields are:
['field.contentType', 'field.data']
instead of
['field.contentType', 'field.data', 'UPDATE_SUBMIT', 'add_input_name']

I've checked that the input stream does contain UPDATE_SUBMIT, but the resulting
request.form doesn't!

I've found some related bugs here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope3/+bug/98024
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1112549&group_id=5470&atid=105470
https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope3/+bug/98284

Is it a problem with Python?  Zope3?  A Debian patch?  My Setup?

Christophe