AW: [Zope3-dev] Re: AW: Are pagelets content providers?

Jacob Holm jh at improva.dk
Tue Oct 2 06:33:25 EDT 2007

Hi Roger,

I didn't follow this discussion closely but thought this needed a comment.

Roger Ineichen wrote:

[snip lots of context...]
> Did you recognize that the __init__ are different.
>
> A IContentProvider defines:
>
> def __init__(self, context, request, view)
>     self.context = context
>     self.request = request
>     self.view = view
>
> and a IPagelet defines:
>
> def __init__(self, context, request):
>     self.context = context
>     self.request = request
>
> Probably we should describe this in the interface too.
> This whould manifest the difference of content provider
> which provide content and pagelets whcih defines content
> in a better way.

It would make sense to have the 'view' attribute a part of the
IContentProvider interface, and *that* might make them different.  The
constructor signature  is all about the class instead of the instance
and should therefore *not* be part of the interface.

It is perfectly reasonable to have a number of different
(multi-)adapters with different signatures that adapt to the same
interface.

Hope this makes sense.  I'll go back to lurking now.

Regards

  Jacob

--
Jacob Holm