[Zope3-dev] Re: i18n message factory in zope domain

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Wed Oct 3 12:20:33 EDT 2007

Baiju M wrote:
> Should we create separate message factory in 'zope' domain for
> each packages ? If so, can anyone explain why it should be like that.

No. I think each package that has translations should actually use its
*own* domain and ship with the translations. In an eggified world it
doesn't make sense to maintain translations centrally in zope.app.locales.

> Few weeks back a new message factory is created in
> zope.i18nmessageid [1] .  And now some packages use this directly.

I think this was a mistake. I don't understand why this was done at all.
It's absolutely no problem to do

   from zope.i18nmessageid import MessageFactory
   _ = MessageFactory('zope')

instead of

   from zope.i18nmessageid import ZopeFactory as _