[Zope3-dev] Re: zope.dottedname doesn't have a CHANGES.txt (again?)

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 13:12:42 EDT 2007

On 10/3/07, Stephan Richter <srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu> wrote:
> I want tools! Actually, I just want one tool. 70% of the release process is
> repetition and that needs to be factored into a tool. This tool should have
> been written before the Zope trunk was blown into pieces, but it wasn't. :-(

I'd recommend fixing bundleman to be able to support making eggs.
Bundleman will look at the changes, suggest versions out of that,
refuse to release if there are no changes set, create the tag and make
the release from the tag.

It's written in Python, in clear and understandable code by eminent
programmer Benoit Delbosc (of funkload fame).

http://tinyurl.com/ye8dsk

It currently only makes releases as tgz, but adding eggs should be so
hard (it's done by calling setup.py anyway if I remember correctly).
http://www.colliberty.com/
+33 661 58 14 64