[Zope3-dev] Re: Known-good-sets problem

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Sat Oct 6 05:36:02 EDT 2007

Hey,

Another point of feedback:

I saw Stephan's mail on a (partially new) toolchain and somewhat
extensive workflow on using it. I'm a bit surprised a toolchain is
necessary and that the workflow is so involved. With Grok's approach
using extends in buildout, we can just publish such a list on a dumb
website without any tools whatsoever.

Since you're effectively mirroring the cheeseshop anyway, why not rely
on the cheeseshop entirely and just publish the version lists? Could
someone point out the benefits of this approach over just publishing
versions? The one I can think of is that you can potentially retain
packages that were for some reason removed from the cheeseshop, but even
that is theoretical right now, right? As far as I understand, the
buildout versions list approach would allow one to combine lists
together as well, a feature lacking in the current approach.

I'm glad to see the effort to run tests over the lists of packages. This
was something missing from our Grok story and one that I was worried about.

Regards,

Martijn