[Zope3-dev] Re: Zope 3 releases?

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Sun Oct 7 12:06:45 EDT 2007

IMO, the Python standard library and "batteries included" is a mess.
Despite being a Python contributor, I've very unmotivated to be a
contributor because the time lag between contributing and deriving
benefit from the contributions is too long.  People had similar
complaints about Zope releases.  I'll note that the problem is
exacerbated by the incompatibilities that (to some degree inevitably)
often occur in Python releases.  Big-bang releases don't prevent
update problems.

Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation