[Zope3-dev] Re: Zope 3 releases?

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Mon Oct 8 18:33:48 EDT 2007

On Monday 08 October 2007 11:06, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Stephan, I tried to reply to your points but I realized I was getting
> lost in a sea of semantics and that it wasn't useful.

I agree

> I'd like to see a separation between what you consider to be not only
> closely allied but *identical*: the pool of Zope 3 components, managed
> together by *all* the communities that make use of Zope 3
> technologies, and the Zope 3 application server, where you go to some
> web site explaining what it's all about, and then download and install
> and get some script for to start some webserver so you can access it,
> read tutorials on and try to see "Hello world" on your screen with.
>
> Of course since to you there is no difference between the two, it gets
> hard to communicate.

Exactely. Because it might not be so easy to just click and go. Let's take an
example, because I think it makes it more clear.

For me z3c.formdemo is a good example of a small Zope 3 application. It is
built on top of the Zope 3 Web application server. But in order to get it
working, I did not have to install anything special. I just use the
libraries.

*I do not want to add technology just to match desired terminology.*

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter