AW: [Zope3-dev] Re: Zope 3 releases?

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Mon Oct 8 22:17:54 EDT 2007

Hi Tres

> Cc: zope3-dev Development
> Betreff: [Zope3-dev] Re: Zope 3 releases?
[...]

> A frozen release would consist of:
>
>  - A single, "frozen" KGS (index pages cannot change after release).

Can we use a flag on the server side e.g. in the index page, so
nobody is able to upload files if we use automated tools
for the upload?

Or can we use a different url which we can't upload after
the freeze has be done. Like we do in subversion at least in some
svn clients there will be a not if you try to commit to a url which
contains the /tag/ part.

[...]

> I would note that the script I posted a week or so ago for
> building package index pages from a directory full of source
> distributions would be a perfectly adequate tool for
> constructing such a KGS:  simple copy or link all the
> "frozen" distributions into a directory and run the script.
> Once you've verified that the installation regime works from
> the generated files, you *never touch them again*.

Do you think the directory should be a subversion tag
which makes it reproducable?

[...]

Roger Ineichen