[Zope3-dev] Re: What does python 3000 mean for zope?

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Sat Sep 1 15:40:20 EDT 2007

Hey,

David Pratt wrote:
>  Ultimately, the
> folks that will even want to maintain a 2.x code base will quickly erode
>  since the forefront of development is never the past. Perhaps it will
> all move more quickly for this reason when python 3K is out for real.

This is what I fear will happen. This could mean either some huge
codebases in Python 2.x are going to be left behind in some kind of
ghetto, or that the single community will fracture into a Python 2.x and
a Python 3.x community. Both scenarios suck, so I certainly hope I'm
being pessimistic about this.

Regards,

Martijn