[Zope3-dev] Re: What does python 3000 mean for zope?

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Mon Sep 3 14:27:46 EDT 2007

Tres Seaver wrote:

>>> It was never said whether Zope 2 would be part of the GSoC project or
>>> not. That said, we can't drop Python 2.4 support until
>> ... we've made sure Zope 2 runs on Python 2.5...
>
> How are you getting ExtensionClass working?  Last I looked, the C
> extension didn't compile on 2.5.

You probably misunderstood my statement. I forgot to finish the sentence
so I followed up on my own email and finished it. The whole sentence reads:

   That said, we can't drop Python 2.4 support until we've made sure
   Zope 2 runs on Python 2.5.

Anyway, it seems that ExtensionClass works on Python 2.5 just fine,
except for the usual compiler warnings that you get on PYthon 2.5:

   $ svn co $z/ExtensionClass/trunk ExtensionClass
   $ cd ExtensionClass
   $ python2.5 bootstrap/bootstrap.py

   $ bin/buildout
   Develop: '/Users/philipp/dev/ExtensionClass/.'
   In file included from src/ExtensionClass/_ExtensionClass.c:176:
   src/ExtensionClass/pickle/pickle.c: In function 'pickle_copy_dict':
   src/ExtensionClass/pickle/pickle.c:99: warning: passing argument 2 of
'PyDict_Next' from incompatible pointer type
   src/ExtensionClass/pickle/pickle.c: In function
'pickle_setattrs_from_dict':
   src/ExtensionClass/pickle/pickle.c:223: warning: passing argument 2
of 'PyDict_Next' from incompatible pointer type
   Installing test.
   Generated script '/Users/philipp/dev/ExtensionClass/bin/test'.

   $ bin/test
   Running unit tests:
     Ran 43 tests with 0 failures and 0 errors in 0.260 seconds.