[Zope3-dev] Re: RFC: Known working sets

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Mon Sep 3 18:40:23 EDT 2007

Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Therefore, it might be helpful, if the known working set would not
> need to be a singleton (consists of just one element).
>
> Assume the following use case:
>
>   I use grok to build one of my applications.
>   I need a another component as well which conflicts with grok.
>   I override the grok configuration to get the version required
>   for the other component.
>   I run the grok testsuite and can then report to the grok community:
>   "grok" is working with version V of component C as well.
>
> This kind of information would be helpful for integrators.
> It need not necessary be automatically supported by "buildout".

As far as I understand your use case, i twould already be covered by my
original proposal: you always have the option to locally override what's
specified in the working set.

But I do agree that it should be possible to rely on other working sets,
e.g. Grok application develoeprs relying on the Grok working set which
in turn relies on a Zope working set.