[Zope3-dev] Re: broken zope.lifecycleevent 3.4.0 on cheeseshop?

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Tue Sep 4 16:02:02 EDT 2007

Tres Seaver wrote:
> Benji York wrote:
>> Jim Fulton wrote:
>>> I like distribution as a place to put packages that aren't ready for
>>> PyPI. Unfortunately, we've put a lot of packages in PyPI that aren't
>>> ready IMO.
>> I suggest we put them in PyPI earlier and use "Development Status :: 2 -
>> Pre-Alpha".  Of course, we don't want to spam PyPI with /too/ many
>> uncooked packages.
>
> - -1.  I'd rather not see *any* precooked packages in PyPI at all.  People
> who want to share bleeding-edge packages among themselves can use some
> other mechanism (SVN + 'setup.py develop', for preference).

Fully agreed. After all, simply checking stuff out from SVN in order to
get bleeding edge was what we used to do all the time before we were
using eggs. Using a development egg is much better than having to
release a bunch of -dev-rXXX eggs regularly that may even be bogus
(because they're bleeding edge) and then just clobber up
http://download.zope.org/distribution.

[1]
http://svn.zope.org/*checkout*/Sandbox/philikon/foundation/maintaining-software.txt