[Zope3-dev] Re: What does python 3000 mean for zope?

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue Sep 11 08:29:07 EDT 2007

Reinoud van Leeuwen wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 11, 2007 at 10:29:58AM +0200, Martijn Faassen wrote:
>> Paul Winkler wrote:
>>> Quite the opposite, Guido proposed last year to do 2.7, 2.8, and 2.9.
>>> After that it's not clear to me.
>> He must've changed his tune then. I heard him discuss Python 2.6 and
>> maybe Python 2.7, but definitely wanted to avoid anything following this.
>
> Do similar discussions like this one exist in the other Python framework
> communities? I think we are all having the same problem.

This is more or less the Twisted community's perspective:

http://glyf.livejournal.com/72036.html

I don't know what the other communities think about it. It's ironic that
the more successful communities will in some way have the hardest
trouble migrating, as they will have more code to support.

Regards,

Martijn