[Zope3-dev] Re: skin support for xmlrpc

Christian Zagrodnick cz at gocept.com
Fri Sep 14 04:11:14 EDT 2007

On 14.09.2007, at 08:49, Fred Drake wrote:

> On 9/14/07, Christian Zagrodnick <cz at gocept.com> wrote:
>> Before I'll revert the layer-support will be there in a third party
>> package, probably using ++api++.
>
> Better to be specific than general when it's for a specific type of
> request; why not ++xmlrpc++?
>
> Unless ++api++ is for more than XML-RPC support; perhaps it should be
> for IHTTPRequest?
>
> I'd actually rather avoid a proliferation of ++namespace++ usages
> myself, and prefer ++api++ for IHTTPRequest.

So you're suggesting using ++api++ to choose the request type for all
IHTTPRequests. That's fine for me. I just wonder why I should remove
the "skin" support for XML-RPC since that is just choosing the
request type...

/me is confused.

--
Christian Zagrodnick

gocept gmbh & co. kg  ·  forsterstrasse 29 · 06112 halle/saale
www.gocept.com · fon. +49 345 12298894 · fax. +49 345 12298891