[Zope3-dev] Re: skin support for xmlrpc

Christian Zagrodnick cz at gocept.com
Sat Sep 15 06:34:14 EDT 2007

On 2007-09-14 18:54:01 +0200, "Fred Drake" <fdrake at gmail.com> said:

> On 9/14/07, Roger Ineichen <dev at projekt01.ch> wrote:
>> If you register views for a base request type, you
>> probably will open a backdor in other projects. Because
>
> I'm not advocating registering views for the base request types
> generally, but only the way to specify in the URL what the request
> type is.  Because sometimes we really do want completely separate sets
> of XML-RPC (or whatever) interfaces.

Ok, then I suggest:

* Provide an IRequestType interface in zope.publisher
* Provide an ++api++ traverser in zope.traversing which does
`getUtility(IRequestType, *name*)`.
* define class IBrowserSkinType(IRequestType)
* Leave ++skin++ for IBrowserSkinType or just make it the same as ++api++
* Keep layer="" on <xmlrpc:view>, <browser:page> etc.

Comments?

--
Christian Zagrodnick

gocept gmbh & co. kg  ·  forsterstrasse 29 · 06112 halle/saale
www.gocept.com · fon. +49 345 12298894 · fax. +49 345 12298891