[Zope3-dev] Re: Transaction bound cache

Christian Zagrodnick cz at gocept.com
Tue Sep 18 05:38:47 EDT 2007

On 2007-09-17 16:04:12 +0200, Jim Fulton <jim at zope.com> said:

> No, that would introduce a dependency on zodb.  I suggest a separate  package.

I figured that I latetly added something to zope.cachedescriptors which
was adding a dependency to ZODB quite unnecessaryly. Removed the
dependency now again and will create another package for the
transaction bound cache.

> On Sep 17, 2007, at 6:03 AM, Christian Zagrodnick wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> i've got a very simple transaction bound cache implementation. That
>
>> is the cache gets invalidated on transaction end.
>>
>> It's used like this:
>>
>> class Foo(object):
>>
>>   data = TransactionBoundCache('_v_store_it_here', dict)
>>
>> where `dict` is the cache factory.
>>

>> Shall I add this to zope.cachedescriptors?

Christian Zagrodnick

gocept gmbh & co. kg  ·  forsterstrasse 29 · 06112 halle/saale
www.gocept.com · fon. +49 345 12298894 · fax. +49 345 12298891