[Zope3-dev] Re: zope.testbrowser packaging

Benji York benji at zope.com
Wed Sep 19 13:15:43 EDT 2007

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> So here's what I suggest: Factor out a) to a new package
> 'zc.testbrowser' (or whatever) and make 'zope.testbrowser', the
> remaining b), depend on zc.testbrowser, zope.app.testing and all that
> other stuff properly.

This is what I've decided to do.

This approach also has the nice side effect that I don't have to
constantly say "'zope' is just a package name space, you can use
testbrowser outside of zope".

Unfortunately I don't think we can ever overcome the powerful Zope brand
for non Zope-specific projects/packages.  People think anything with
"zope" in the name has to do with the publisher.
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer