AW: [Zope3-dev] Re: Proposal, free views

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Sun Sep 23 15:04:05 EDT 2007

Hi Martin

> Betreff: [Zope3-dev] Re: Proposal, free views
>
> Roger Ineichen wrote:
> > Heads up,
> >
> > Please review this proposal. I'll implement it shortly if
> nobody has
> > objections. We need it for our work here at the Foliage sprint.
> >
> > If you have objections, please tell me what you think is
> not well done
> > and tell me your ideas to solve the problem in another way.
> >
> > http://wiki.zope.org/zope3/FreeViews
>
> I read this, but I still don't understand what you're
> proposing. Is this about moving component registrations
> around in the standard Zope 3 packages, or are we talking
> about new functionality here?

The technical part of the proposal describes to move
the content of the configure.zcml to a component.zcml file.
And include the component.zcml from the configure.zcml.
This whould allow us to use only the component.zcml

The configure.zcml whould also include the browser.zcml
or the configure.zcml form the browser package.

If sombody uses configure.zcml nothing changes.

Regards
Roger Ineichen