[Zope3-dev] faulty releases and pypi access [update]

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Wed Sep 26 09:25:37 EDT 2007

Am Mittwoch, den 26.09.2007, 09:16 -0400 schrieb Stephan Richter:
> On Wednesday 26 September 2007 04:49, Christian Theune wrote:
> > The issue is that the eggs were released as ZIP files and for some
> > reason those don't work correctly with the data files.
> >
> > I can reproduce the problem by creating the packages myself as ZIP files
> > (doesn't work) and then as tar files (does work).
>
> Okay, thanks a lot for this research. So this is a problem that noone could
> anticipate. Roger tried the eggs on his machine and they worked there.

Right -- and those subtle things are hard to find if not anticipated.

> So that's something we learned: We have to make tag.gz releases.

Right. However this seems like a bug in setuptools. (Sidenote:
isn't .tar.gz the default of setuptools on windows too?)

> BTW, which OS so you use? Roger told me he did several releases with Windows
> at Lovely Systems and all was fine there. But then everyone else at Lovely
> has Macs.

I'm on Linux. We at gocept have a mixture between Linux and Mac OS X
systems.

> I will review all the released eggs with Roger.

K, thanks.

Christian

--
gocept gmbh & co. kg - forsterstrasse 29 - 06112 halle/saale - germany