[Zope3-dev] Re: faulty releases and pypi access [update]

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Wed Sep 26 10:49:13 EDT 2007

Hey,

On 9/26/07, Philipp von Weitershausen <philipp at weitershausen.de> wrote:
> Martijn Faassen wrote:
[snip]
> > What about using CHANGES.txt, which we should be maintaining anyway?
> > [snip]
>
> These are very good points. My guide [1] already recommends this practice.
>
> [1]
> http://svn.zope.org/*checkout*/Sandbox/philikon/foundation/maintaining-software.txt

I can't find my description of this practice in the guide. In
particular, the practice of using unreleased entries.

Note that if you already anticipate the version number, you can instead do this:

1.3.7 (unreleased)

And then change the unreleased to the date once you're releasing.

The method I describe above tries to make sure that some amount of
reconstruction can be done in case of mistakes.

Regards,

Martijn