[Zope3-dev] Re: faulty releases and pypi access [update]

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Wed Sep 26 12:01:35 EDT 2007

Hey,

Marius Gedminas wrote:
[snip]
> +1 for CHANGES.txt (or NEWS.txt) in a separate file from README.txt
>
> +1 for the latest changelog entries visible on the cheeseshop page (see
> an announcement, go to cheeseshop, see whether you want to upgrade or
> not)
>
> +1 for README.txt and CHANGES.txt available to you after you install an
> egg.

+1 for those too.

What does one need to tell setup.py to make sure CHANGES.txt is
available? I understand it isn't by default, then? Hm, it does appear to
be there by default. I checked grok 0.10's tgz and it's there, and we
didn't do anything special.

I don't understand Jim's objections to a separate CHANGES.txt then. Is
it just because it's more work to include the changes on the cheeseshop
homepage if you separate out the text over multiple files?

Regards,

Martijn