[Zope3-dev] Why do we restrict our egg testing?

Benji York benji at zope.com
Thu Sep 27 08:43:20 EDT 2007

Roger Ineichen wrote:
> Can anybody tell me why we restrict our test setup
> in zope eggs and only use a subset of package for
> our test setup?

I don't know what you're asking, so I can't tell you why it is <wink>.

> Why do we not use a Zope3 meta egg which contains all
> our zope packages as a test base. This whould allow
> us to test the same we have in the zope3 trunk and let
> us run *buildout/test -s zope* from within each egg.

Perhaps because there isn't a Zope 3 meta egg.

> btw,
> what is the builbot doing right now? Does the builbot
> still runs test on the trunk? Or does the buildbot test
> the eggs?

It doesn't do much of value at all right now.  The transition to
individual projects per package has left it behind.  There are good
ideas to make the buildbot work with the new setup, now we need someone
to implement them.
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer