PLEASE don't remove eggs [was Re: [Zope3-dev] faulty releases and pypi access [update]]

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Sep 27 13:01:23 EDT 2007

Gary Poster wrote at 2007-9-26 15:47 -0400:
>So, yes, you are right, I stated an extreme position and I could be
>argued away from the edge.  But the extremity of my position is a
>simple, followable rule that I certainly prefer over the case you
>describe.

Okay, we disagree.

Non working releases produce problems for most people downloading them.
Thus, if they are out, and no better release is available,
get rid of them such that normal users would again get the
earlier, better working releases.

It may hurt special users (such as maybe you). Be it.

--
Dieter