[Zope3-Users] Web Services in Zope 3?

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Thu Nov 11 08:41:42 EST 2004

On Wednesday 10 November 2004 05:54, Paulo Sérgio wrote:
> How Web Services are implemented in Zope 3? Where i can find
> documentation on it?

I think you did not use the right question word here; did you mean "what" or
"where"?

If you mean by "Web Services" SOAP, then I have to disappoint you. Zope 3 does
not have a SOAP server. It is a lot of work and noone has shown enough
interest to implement one; I think there isn't even one for Zope 2. It seems
though that Twisted has a SOAP server, so you might want to try getting
twisted to work with Zope 3, which has been done before.

If you mean by "Web Services" servers that are supported, then here is a list:
HTTP (Browser, XML-RPC, DAV [partially]) and FTP. Note that by placing
twisted as a server frontend to Zope 3, you could use all the protocols
twisted supports after you write some publishing code for Zope.

For the second part of your question: I do not understand what type of
documentation you are looking for.

Regards,
Stephan
--