[Zope3-Users] Stuck on configuration of extra folder metadata

Cliff Ford Cliff.Ford at ed.ac.uk
Fri Apr 29 05:49:26 EDT 2005

To partly answer my own question, I found this configuration works:

   <!-- Extra Metadata -->
   <!--
   <adapter
     for=".interfaces.IFolderInformable"
     provides=".interfaces.IFolderInfo"
     factory=".folderinfo.FolderInfo"
     trusted="true"
     />
   -->
   <!-- store metadate on a standard folder object -->
   <adapter
     for="zope.app.folder.interfaces.IFolder"
     provides=".interfaces.IFolderInfo"
     factory=".folderinfo.FolderInfo"
     trusted="true"
     />
   <!-- store metadata on a custom content object -->
   <adapter
     for=".interfaces.IGlgPage"
     provides=".interfaces.IFolderInfo"
     factory=".folderinfo.FolderInfo"
     trusted="true"
     />

And the .interfaces.IFolderInfo from my initial posting below is not
needed (it should have been .interfaces.IFolderInformable anyway). I
don't know why I don't have to configure the abstract IAnnotatable
class, perhaps because both classes I am interested in are already
IAttributeAnnotatable. I also think I learned a lot about how to use the
annotations from page templates. An example:

Sorry this is a bit of a blog, but anyone searching the archives for
answers might find it useful.

Cliff