[Zope3-Users] Site Statistics

James Allwyn jamesallwyn at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 18 04:59:37 EDT 2005

Hello,

In our site we want to be able to gather various
statistics, such as how many times a particular
accommodation has appeared in search results, and how
many times its full details have been called up.

Are there any pre-existing Zope 3 tools for gathering
site statistics? (I don't want to reinvent the wheel
if I don't have to!)

If not, my current thought is to use annotations to
store the statistics data - perhaps a couple of simple
attributes for each accommodation object, which could
be incremented each time it was searched for / shown
in full as appropriate. Does this seem like a sensible
approach in general? Any particular 'gotchas' I should
be looking out for?

Thanks,
James