[Zope3-Users] Confusion about PAU usage.

Alec Munro alecmunro at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 11:05:48 EDT 2005

On 8/22/05, Christoph Frick <frick at sc-networks.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 22, 2005 at 11:47:40AM -0300, Alec Munro wrote:
>
> > In my situation, I am trying to create principals with additional
> > properties, and initially I did that by extending InternalPrincipal.
> > That worked fine, until I realised that when I authenticated, I was
> > getting back a PrincipalInfo instance, which does not contain the
> > additional properties. Additionally, I wish to have multiple types of
> > users, so I had extended InternalPrincipal a couple of times, to
> > create a few different classes, the distinction of which is obviousy
> > lost when authenticating ATM.
>
> i guess what you really want here are annotations of principals. have a
> look in the zope3 book you can download from zc's site. there is AFAIR a
> section adressing this problem with lots of examples and i think the
> section also sheds some light on the whole principal and annotation in
> general.
>
> --
> cu

I've given this a try, and right now I am having a problem figuring
out what I am supposed to attach the annotation information to. My
specific principals are extensions of IInternalPrincipal, which
doesn't have an ID, and as such, doesn't work for principalannotations
as I have experienced them so far.
This is one of the reasons why I would like a guide on the differences
between InternalPrincipals, PrincipalInfo's, and Principal's. The
standard Principal Folder contains InterrnalPrincipals, so I assumed
that was the type I should be extending. I imagine that if I were to
log in as one of these principals, I might then have access to the
annotations. However, at least for testing purposes, I would prefer to
have access to them when doing site management.

Anyone have any advice on how to proceed with this?

Thanks,

Alec