[Zope3-Users] Re: ZCML, practicality, purity (was "Excellent perspective...")

Derrick Hudson dman at dman13.dyndns.org
Thu Dec 22 18:10:36 EST 2005

On Thu, Dec 22, 2005 at 10:06:08PM +0100, Jean-Marc Orliaguet wrote:
[...]
| Yes, I have indeed. Though I was thinking about the development of new
| applications,  not about API documentation. Probably this could be done
| with the Eclipse IDE: for instance when creating an adapter, I would
| first register an empty adapter object then I would add code to some
| skeleton class. And conversely, when browsing the code, I would get the
| list of adapters that use the code, but in a "live" manner, i.e inside
| some integrated development environment that support zope3 types of
| components (adapters, utilities, ..). Maybe an Eclipse plugin would do..

I'd love to see an Eclipse tool for Zope.

Some other key features:
    - context-sensitive auto-completion in ZCML
    - understanding of interfaces (pylint)
    - launching and restarting of zope

| This key is to be able to see both the components and the relations
| between the components at the same time and to rapidly switch between
| the two views. That would improve productivity a lot.

This would be really nice.  If a view like this was made into an
editor, a developer could (if they didn't want to use the source)
graphically add and manipulate the registrations.  That would be
slick.

-D

--
                          Your mouse has moved.
       You must restart Windows for your changes to take effect.

www: http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/            jabber: dman at dman13.dyndns.org