[Zope3-Users] sqlobject and psycopg

Luca Manini manini.luca at tiscali.it
Tue Feb 8 10:15:56 EST 2005

Hi,

I have some simple Python classes that use SQLObject and PostgreSQL
for persistence (both from Debian unstable).

I'm trying to integrate those classe in a module I'm writing for Zope
3 (Zope 3 from svn).

The first thing I've tried is to make a folderish class with a view
that list the instances of my class.

Getting the instances is very easy from plain Python as class
SQLObject has two methods setConnection() and select() that do the
job.

My problem is that the very same code does not work from Zope. I get a
traceback like this:

  File "/home/manini/projects/endian/network/trunk/zope_en/browser/views.py", line 27, in get_lines
    Product.setConnection(__connection__)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/sqlobject/main.py", line 1102, in setConnection
    value = dbconnection.connectionForURI(value)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/sqlobject/dbconnection.py", line 601, in connectionForURI
    conn = self.schemeBuilders[scheme]().connectionFromURI(uri)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/sqlobject/postgres/pgconnection.py", line 45, in connectionFromURI
    return cls(host=host, db=path, user=user, passwd=password, **args)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/sqlobject/postgres/pgconnection.py", line 24, in __init__
    import psycopg
  File "/usr/local/src/zope_3/trunk/src/zodbcode/module.py", line 274, in __import__
    return self._saved_import(name, globals, locals, fromlist)
  File "/usr/local/src/zope_3/trunk/src/zodbcode/module.py", line 271, in __import__
    fromlist)
  File "/usr/local/src/zope_3/trunk/src/zodbcode/module.py", line 239, in _import
    mod = registry.findModule(fullname)
AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'findModule'

For what I can understand the problem is that the import of psycopg is
made in some 'strange' way, but I can not get more far that this.

Google found this link

	http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope3-dev/2004-June/011469.html

So I'm not the only one :-) but I still have no solution.

	Any hint?
	TIA, Luca