[Zope3-Users] Some questions concerning Zope3

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Wed Feb 9 15:47:29 EST 2005

On Wednesday 09 February 2005 14:18, RR Nederhoed wrote:
> 1. If I have Courses filled with data, how does adding data fields
> (class variables) to my object's interface affect the stored data? Can I
> guarantee no stored data will be lost during development?

You can make this guarantee, but you need to know what you are doing. Thus, I
always suggest to people to write an XML export/import utility that can be
used to store data over larger changes. I have this successfully with the bug
tracker before.

> 2. To really get the best knowledge of Zope3, should I also work with
> Zope2?

No, this is not necessary. In fact, not knowing Zope 2 might be an advantage,
since you are not influenced by earlier models.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter