[Zope3-Users] Is Zope3 suitable to implement a CRM/ERP application?

Osvaldo Santana osantana at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 19:51:08 EST 2005

Hi,

Me and my friends want to develop a free (GPL-like) multiuser CRM/ERP
application and we are interested in Zope3 primarily because of its
integration with ZODB and Python. In addition to because Zope3
component model of development seems us more interesting than others.

We are aware of the risks to use a framework that still in development
and we'll hope to collaborate on development of Zope3. But we are
still gathering more information about Zope, then we will be thankfull
if anyone could answer the following questions:

- Are there implementations of CRM/ERP in Zope3? (ERP5 uses Zope2)
- Is Zope3 suitable to implement a CRM/ERP application?
- What are more commons problems related about performance of ZODB?
- Will be there a lot of changes in Zope3 API in the near future?
- Where can I obtain more informations about component-based
applications development (specially CRM/ERP-like applications)

Thanks,
Osvaldo

PS. Sorry for crossposting

--