[Zope3-Users] Re: [Zope3-dev] Error doing "Chapter 13, Writing a new Content Object" of the zope 3 book.

Dylan Reinhardt dylanreinhardt at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 14:14:45 EDT 2005

Please note, this discussion belongs on zope3-users, not zope3-dev.
I've forwarded it over, please follow up there.

On 7/10/05, Pupeno <pupeno at pupeno.com> wrote:
> On Saturday 09 July 2005 16:31, Pupeno wrote:
> > I've commented out
> > <require permission="zope.ManageContent"
> > interface=".interfaces.IMessageContainer" />
> > and Zope started, but I do not have the option to add a message board.

Interfaces only have those permissions you give them.  Commenting out
a required role does not make the interface *less* restrictive (as you
apparently expect), but *more* restrictive.  The interface was
previously restricted to a specific role...now it is granted to
nobody.

To grant unrestricted access, try this:

<require permission="zope.Public"
  interface=".interfaces.IMessageContainer" />

I would expect this may also clear up your display problem... or at
least get you to the next error condition.  :-)

HTH,

Dylan