[Zope3-Users] Some hint needed.

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Sun Jun 5 06:46:48 EDT 2005

On Friday 03 June 2005 23:17, Sakesun Roykiattisak wrote:
> By the way, I just wonder who design the zope "dsn" spec ?  I find hard
> time to fit
> OLE DB connection string to the spec. The param's value is not allowed
> to be quoted
> so that I value can be in form of nesting "param=value". The "parseDSN"
> is too
> preliminary.

I decided to use this standard. It was designed by Java people I think. I have
never heard about nesting being a requirement. Can you give me a use case?
Also, quoting should work in the usual style. HTML is able to encode any type
of data in the URI, so should the DSN string.

> I now just ignore the spec and use plain OLE DB connection string as the
> dsn value

That is a horrible idea. The point of having one way of connecting to
databases is that the user would not need to learn different ways of doing
it. It would be very disappointing if you do not follow this pattern. This
way we could never embrace this DB driver.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter