[Zope3-Users] utf-8/latin-1 content in page templates

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Wed Jun 15 12:32:56 EDT 2005

Andreas Reuleaux wrote:
> I would like to use utf-8 (latin-1) content in page templates like
> this

> What I would really like is the possibility of specifying the encoding when
> registering the page:
>
>   <browser:page
>       name="mypage.html"
>       template="mypage.pt"
>       encoding="utf-8"
>   />

Sounds right to me.  A similar option is needed in the PageTemplateFile and
ViewPageTemplateFile classes.

> I have not tried yet to render the page from a view class (how would I do that?)

The browser:page directive creates a view.  If you want to
associate a class with that view, you can specify it with
a class attribute.

> Am I missing something?

With regard to encoding, no.  I guess we just haven't needed
non-ascii character sets in page template sources up to now.

Jim