[Zope3-Users] Web Component Development w/ Zope 3 - reviews?

Sakesun Roykiattisak sakesun at boonthavorn.com
Wed Jun 22 09:27:42 EDT 2005

Price is definitely the prime factor that make me reluctant to pick that
book at first. However, after spending few months discovering that I'm
not smart enough to master zope3 with Z3-dev-book, I finally bought it.
I'm not disappointed at all.  When I read Z3-dev-book, there are always
plenty of questions arose in my head.  I had very hard time trying to
understand many of the examples.  Z3-dev-book is missing too many pieces
of information for a naive reader to follow it.  On the contrary, when
reading Web-comp-dev-z3 I can always find exact answer to my question
right there at proper place. The book is very well written with reader
in concern.  Follow the text and then you'll just know what auther try
to tell. No flipping pages around to findscattering information.

Not only that the book is easier to read for beginner, it's also a very
good reference.  The book is filled with many handy table, list and
api.  I've found the book is the right "handbook" when developing with
zope3.  While Z3-dev-book has many advance tricks to learn from, I
hardly want to call it "handbook", since it does not provide any handy
information in accessible form.

The physical appearance of the Web-com-dev-z3 is also great.  Its size,
cover, type-setting make the book really valuable.  It's bliss when
holding this book, even without reading it. ;-)

It's one of the most expensive book I've ever bought, but it's also one
of the best technical book I own.