[Zope3-Users] Programmatically discovering XML-RPC methods?

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Tue Jun 28 14:17:19 EDT 2005

On Tuesday 28 June 2005 11:37, Alec Munro wrote:
> I'm wondering if there's a way to programmatically discover XML-RPC
> methods? I'm very new to the subject, so if there's something obvious,
> please point it out.

The XML-RPC standard specifies such a discovery command, as far as I remember.
But I am positive we did not implement it in Zope 3.

> If there isn't an obvious way, I was wondering if it would make sense
> to write an XML-RPC view for the introspector?

No, not the introspector; it is only meant for documentation, not for
features. You should implement the XML-RPC variant and check it into Zope 3's
core.

Regards,
Stephan
--