[Zope3-Users] Questions from a total newbie

Leif K-Brooks eurleif at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 03:16:56 EST 2005

I'm a total newbie trying to get my feet wet with Zope X3. I have very
little experience with Zope 2; I tried it briefly a long time ago, but
I didn't really like it. I've read through some of Zope 3's
documentation, and so far, I'm liking it a lot better. I have a few
question about it that I'm hoping someone more knowledgeable than me
could answer:

1) Are there any simple real-world applications like a blog or simple
forum written for Zope 3 that I could learn from?
2) How would I go about setting up the basic infrastructure (common
layout, registration form, etc.) for a new site? Is there a special
location to put the layout macro?
3) What the heck are those double at signs (@@) that the ZMI adds to some URLs?
4) How do I add and change a site's users from the ZMI and from code?
5) Should I have any trouble writing XHTML Strict (as opposed to
Transitional) using Zope?