[Zope3-Users] can't seem to get data from proxied database rows

matt wilbert matt.wilbert at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 16:02:52 EST 2005

I have a database connection to a mysql database from ZopeX3.  It
works (I can run test
queries), and I have created a minimal Sql Script ("select * from
test'") which also works when I test it.  It is called "listPeople"

Now I try to use it from a ZPT that looks like this:

I get a result that looks like:

<security proxied zope.app.rdb.GeneratedRowClass instance at 0x2a9b1d95a8>
<security proxied zope.app.rdb.GeneratedRowClass instance at 0x2a9b1d94d0>
<security proxied zope.app.rdb.GeneratedRowClass instance at 0x2a9b1d9f38>

which makes sense because there are three rows in the test table.

However, I can't figure out how to get at the data.  Any attempt to
reference something inside
the proxied objects  (like "python:name[0]" or
"python:name['lastname']" gives me a ForbiddenAttribute error.  Is
this something I can't do with a TTW ZPT, or am I missing something
more straightforward.  I have granted all possible permissions to
Everybody.

Thanks,

Matt Wilbert