[Zope3-Users] LDAP support -- current status?

Dylan Reinhardt dylanreinhardt at gmail.com
Tue May 17 18:10:37 EDT 2005

I'm getting closer... the reason ldappas is not addable to PAU is that
it doesn't implement IContainedPrincipalSource.  That was easy enough
to fix.

It then needs to implement principalInfo, which I attempted to
implement both as a thin wrapper for get() and as a wrapper for get()
that returned a PrincipalInfo object similar to the one implemented in
PrincipalFolder.

Neither approach worked and either way I'm getting unicode decoding
errors in ldapadapter/utility.py, line 151.   (UnicodeDecodeError:
'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0x80 in position 3: unexpected code
byte).

I'm clearly in over my head at this point... it doesn't appear that
the required changes are easily made, or at least not easily made by
someone of my skill level.  :-)

Florian, is there any kind of bribe I can offer you to help me out?
I'm serious.

Dylan