[Zope3-Users] apache as zope3's frontend and NTLM

Simon Hang hangzhiyun at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 23:48:14 EST 2005

Dear all,
 I'm trying to use apache as zope3's frontend, and do NTLM authentication as
well.
 I've done:
1. Installed mod_ntlm for apache 1.3, and tested.
2. Create a VirtualHost for zope3 instance, forwarding http request using
rewrite engine. And tested.
 Now I try to put things together => A virtualhost can do NTLM
authentication and forward request to zope3, my virtual configration of
apache as below:
 <VirtualHost *:808>
DocumentRoot c:/myroot
Servername myserver
ErrorLog logs/myerror.log
CustomLog logs/myaccess.log common
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^(/?.*) http://localhost:8080/++vh++http:myserver:808/++$1 [P,L]

<Location "/">
<IfModule mod_ntlm.c>
AuthName "realm"
AuthType NTLM
NTLMAuth On
NTLMAuthoritative On
NTLMDomain mydomain
NTLMOfferBasic Off
NTLMBasicPreferred Off
require valid-user
</IfModule>
</Location>
</VirtualHost>
 Everytime I try to access the page, the brower show me error message as
below:
 Authorization RequiredThis server could not verify that you are authorized
to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials
(e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the
credentials required.
 What's wrong in my settings?
 Thanks in advance,
Simon