[Zope3-Users] Re: Zope3 design question

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Thu Nov 10 12:06:39 EST 2005

rubberduckee wrote:
> Hi, I'm relatively new to Zope 3 (by have some Zope 2/ Plone
> developement experience) and I'm need to get some light on some
> architectural challenges that I'm currently faced with.
>
> I know that this might be too general a question (or perhaps a dumb
> one) but I'm hoping that someone could help guide me in the right
> direction. How does one go about designing an application that will
> allow for dynamic schemas i.e. schemas built at run time? Users would
> be able to 'extend' the schemas TTW. Would using a database be a
> better option rather that to use ZopeDB or a marriage of both?

Hi there,

please use the zope3-users for questions that don't concern the actual
development *of* Zope 3. The zope3-users list is for development *with*
Zope 3 which seems like what you're trying to do.

We've once had the ability of editing schemas TTW, but I'm not sure if
this is still the case. At least I don't think it's part of a release
tarball of Zope 3.

Philipp