[Zope3-Users] Anyone had any success with ZCatalog in Zope 3?

Gary Poster gary at zope.com
Thu Nov 17 09:28:24 EST 2005

On Nov 17, 2005, at 9:05 AM, Johan Carlsson wrote:

> Johan Carlsson wrote:
>> Ivo van der Wijk wrote:

>>> I remember having some real issues with IntId / Catalog, I doubt if
>>> they ever really got fixed. Check the patch in INSTALL.txt:
>>>
>>> https://secure.m3r.nl/repos/opensource/zope3/cubic/trunk/doc/
>>> INSTALL.txt
>>>
>>> It once used to work for me, at least :)
>> Ah, thanks for the heads up.
>
> Now I see, that's exactly what been bitting my butt all along.
>
> The patch fixes the problem!

Hm.  A very quick look at the patch concerns me a bit.  Am I right
that, if you apply the patch, then requests that are currently
raising a NotYet for you will instead silently fail, not cataloging
what you requested?  That seems undesirable to me.  I'd prefer the
exception.

If I'm on the right track here, then the extentcatalog in the
zc.catalog package in the sandbox probably is one of possibly many
other better solutions than the patch.  It postpones cataloging to
the end of the transaction, which I believe will remove the NotYet
exceptions *and* successfully catalog your data.

Apologies if my quick patch read is off base.

Gary