[Zope3-Users] PAU and Session Credentials

Christian Lück christian.lueck at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Nov 24 18:06:22 EST 2005

Hi Florian,

Florian Lindner wrote:
> If I try to call a page which reguired a specific permission the loginForm
> comes up. But when I enter the login and password of the Principal in the
> Principal Folder or a the manager principal defined on creation of the
> instance I just get redirected to the login page again.

I guess that you still have to grant permissions or a role to the
principal. If you want to grant it globally you should login as admin
and get to the rootfolder ("[top]"). There is a "Grant" item the ZMI
menu. On the @@grant.html view you have to choose the right source path,
probably
/++etc++site/default/YourPluggableAuthentication/YourPrincipalFolder
Yust press buttons, ZMI does the rest... :-)

> behavior before a played around with the PAU a bit now it has changed to a
> system error:
>
> TraversalError: (Principal(u'pre1'), 'getLogin')

Maybe it's the same error I once reported on the dev list:
http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope3-dev/2005-October/016163.html
I've not yet filed a report -- sorry to much to do at work last month.

Regards,
Christian