[Zope3-Users] Interface tests: NotImplemented or NotImplementedError

Lorenzo Gil Sanchez lgs at sicem.biz
Tue Oct 18 14:31:34 EDT 2005

Hi everybody,

while writing my first interface test I got to the point of writing the
makeTestObject method which should raise a not implemented error (so
implementations of this interace should override it)

In the Zope 3 book the method is like this:

def makeTestObject(self):
   raise NotImplemented()

but after playing a bit with the Python interpreter it says that
NotImplemented is not callable neither an exception.

Looking in some real zope3 tests I saw another version of the method:

def makeTestObject(self):
   raise NotImplementedError()

So I guess is a little bug in the Zope3 book. Or, Am I missing
something?

Regards

Lorenzo Gil Sanchez