[Zope3-Users] Help us! Calling a Python Script from ZPT

Wade Leftwich wade at leftwich.us
Sun Oct 30 20:56:11 EST 2005

Stephan Richter wrote:
> On Saturday 29 October 2005 20:50, Wade Leftwich wrote:
>
>>Stephan Richter wrote:

>>>We do not support TTW development.

>>>Why do you need to have this Page Template in ZMI? Why not on the file
>>>system?
>>
>>I'm working on an application where Page Templates belong in the ZMI, at
>>least I think so. The content being displayed is a business directory,
>>with suppliers, products, and categories for those products. We will be
>>implementing 50 different directories, with the same basic content
>>structure but very different designs. Each of those directories will use
>>5 or 6 page templates, which go in the ZMI.
>

> Why not have those templates on the file system? Is there a need for users to
> modify those templates?

Yes, users with the job description "web producers", which is to say
people who can do HTML and a bit of scripting, but who do not get access
to the file system. Kind of like the Zope 2 model. We even use acquisition.

Also, it seemed to me unwieldy to put 50 directories in the filesystem
to contain the templates for all the sites. But because of my experience
with Zope 2, I assumed TTW was the best way to customize the application
for each site, and I guess I should re-examine that assumption.

>>It seems like this is a common pattern for content management applications.
>

> Maybe, I don't know.
>

>>Repeating my own posting from 10/9, here's how I made an adapter
>>to use a file system view with a ZMI template:
>

> Again, we do not support TTW development. If you do such experiments that's
> great, but you cannot expect much help.

Well, my project is  _mostly_ filesystem, and only _partly_ TTW. But OK,
I won't expect much help.

> Regards,
> Stephan

Thanks