[Zope3-Users] Problem connecting to MySQL

Stephen Day shday at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 11 18:24:10 EDT 2005

Hello,

I'm trying to access a MySQL database through Zope3
but I keep getting an error about encoding:

"LookupError: unknown encoding: latin1_swedish_ci"

I've tried changing the encoding of the database and
the Zope connection object to utf8, among other
things, but nothing seems to work.

I'm using MySQL 4.1.14-nt, Zope-3.1.0c1 with
mysqldbda-1.0.0 installed, and Python 2.4.1.

I am able to connect to the database sucessfully afaik
because the USE statement seems to work (i.e., there
is no error). One thing I am wondering is if the
database adapter was installed correctly... all I did
was copy the mysqldbda directory to
C:\zopeinstance\lib\python and then added the file
mysqldbda-configure.zcml to
C:\zopeinstance\etc\package-includes.

Any ideas?

Steve